The best way to deal with anxiety and overcome shyness is to use the strength of your anxious mind to calm yourself down. In this article, you’ll learn how to do that and more.
This is probably you:
- You get a blank mind around people which makes you not know what to say in a conversation
- You feel nervous before even before you go into a social situation
- You try to avoid talking to people. you try to stay at home or avoid people in public
- You have imaginary conversations with people.
One of the biggest steps into dealing with anxiety and possibly beating it is to understand “why” you do these in the first place. Here’s how I’m going to cure your anxiety in this article:
First, I’m going to help you identify your problems, or symptoms of the situation, like what we do and WHY we do it.
Then, I’m going to reveal a secret about people which makes it easier for you to deal with shyness and anxiety.
And finally, I’m going to give you the tools and knowledge you need to completely overcome anxiety and shyness in a week or less. so let’s get started!
Biggest signs of social anxiety and shyness
– You get a blank mind around people which makes you not know what to do or say in a social situation or conversation. This leads to an embarrassing awkward silence and possibly losing a potential life partner or friend. This is a common issue in people with severe social phobia and anxiety and it’s almost treatable (you’ll learn it soon)
– You feel nervous even before you go into a social situation. For example you feel tense, anxious or super stressed before going to a bar with your friends because there will be so many people in there or you feel sweaty and scared before doing a presentation.
– You avoid talking to people either by staying alone at the home most of the time or hiding from the people you know when you see them outside, simply to avoid a conversation.
– You have imaginary conversations with people in your head, simply because you’re too scared to talk to them in real life.
– You find it almost impossible to connect with people which can lead to having no friends and staying a virgin forever!
– You feel very self-conscious, this means you’re insecure about the way you look or you’re painfully are aware of everything you say and do when you now people are around you watching.
If you have at least one of these issues that I mentioned above, you have social anxiety and you defiantly need help to overcome it because not dealing with this and running away from these issues will hurt you in every aspect of your life from personal to financial.
So what you can do?
Before we even go to the solution, I need to clear up a couple of myths and miss understandings with you. Knowing these will make it easier for you to beat anxiety. I’ve given a couple of tips about shyness before but I’m going to add some more informative tips based on my experience to it:
1. Ignore books and advices
Most of people who write books about shyness and anxiety have never had our problem and simply can’t know how hard it can be to deal with it in the first place. Dealing with anxiety is all about taking those baby steps one at the time, while some people who’ve never dealt with it think we should “get out of our comfort zone” and just talk to people!
2. 35% of people around you have it!
You might think that you’re the only shy person in the group of people you know but social anxiety is very common. in fact, about 35% of people have it, for some is just a little and for some other people like me and you, it’s so bad that we’re trying to beat it.
3. Don’t label yourself “shy”
It’s enough that people around us know it and some people can see it after talking to us for 2 minutes, so you don’t need to advertise it to make yourself even more insecure.
4. Changing your body language can make you feel superior to others
The journey to beating social anxiety starts from the way your body moves. If you’re someone who keeps their hand in their pocket when talking to people, try to not look at them directly or lock your arms, you need to learn to stop doing that.
As I mentioned in the beginning of the article, people with shyness and social anxiety have a strong self-conscious mind. You should use your strength to control your body language around people. You don’t have to talk more than usual, but the first step to become a confident person is to change your body language by thinking about changing your body language when you’re talking to someone.
How did I beat anxiety and shyness?
For me, it all started after I found the Sean Cooper’s Shyness and Social Anxiety training. The first step to becoming a more confident you is to change your body language.
No matter how you look, you’ll be what you think of yourself. This means that if you see yourself as a great person, having so much to offer to people around you, you’ll walk, talk and act like a confident person.
Your body language is the first step toward dealing with anxiety. In the first step of Sean Cooper’s Shyness and Social Anxiety Training, you’ll learn to change your body language without changing the way you look or what you wear, it’s all about having the right understanding when it comes to dealing with people.
After fixing your body language, it’s time to take baby steps toward attracting people to yourself. It doesn’t matter if you’re not that interesting or you don’t have any stories, it’s all about changing your mindset step by step.
I hope this article was helpful to all of you. I’ll update you and post more articles as we beat the anxiety and shyness together, with the help of each other.
Let me know if you have any questions by leaving a comment under this post.